Wednesday, April 4, 2012


D Is For Dream

My dreams are colorful and meaningful.
My last technicolor dream:
I was at the veterinarian’s office. I brought in my little cat in a carrier. The cat got out and was running around the office along with other cats. I could not find my cat. I asked the vet and staff for help. They kept bringing me cats that were not my cat.
What is even more disturbing was the fact that there was a dead 
horse 
on the floor in one of the examining rooms. I am pretty sure this 
was 
my horse and that the staff wanted me to see it.
Back to reality: I had had a recent dream that had the same horse on the same floor in the same examining room.
Back to second dream: Someone had prepared an elaborate hand-drawn storyboard of the room and its contents with at least ten frames, for me to see to prepare myself for seeing the dead horse.
I told them: I already saw it. Someone went to a lot of work to prepare me for what I had already seen or known.
And then the missing cat – by the end of the dream, it was still missing within the vet's office.
So, now for the meaning. According to Dream Moods:

To see a dead horse in your dream indicates that something in your life that initially offered you strength is now gone. This may refer to a relationship or situation. Consider the phrase "beating a dead horse" to indicate that you may have maximized the usefulness of a certain circumstance.” 
At first, a dead horse in my dream was utterly shocking and peculiar. Then I read the interpretation. A friend that should have been let go of long ago, a job I had long outgrown, an activity I kept showing up for, but did not enjoy. That dead horse was not so strange after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment