Sunday, April 1, 2012

A is For April


A is For April

Today the sun shines bringing forth the joy of spring. Outside my door baby birds are tweeting, buds are ripening into fruit and flowers. Spring, the time of rebirth and new beginnings.
Emerging from the darkness of winter, our days are filled with more light and aliveness.
My desire to create has renewed energy.
How many ways can I express myself?
Crocheting, quilting, photography.
How many ways can I enrich myself?
Reading books, museums, lectures, movies, provocative radio and TV shows, lively discussions with my brilliant friends.
How many ways can I express my gratitude and give back?
Quilts of Valor, youth advocate, community activist, calling a friend to check on their health, being present and loving to family and friends.
April is full of promise and light.
Today, the first of April, brings unseen joy and light.
I embrace her and wrap myself in all her promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment